Subgrantees may request an advance if there is an unexpected or extreme need for grant funds prior to the next scheduled payment. Any advances that are approved must be liquidated by the subgrantee within 10 days of the payment date. To request an advance, a letter must be faxed to the KGGP at (785) 291-3204 or emailed, at which time the following criteria will be considered by KGGP staff:
1. The timeliness and accuracy of all grant reports (both financial and programmatic reports).
2. The amount of funds requested.
3. The approved budget line item for which advance funds are being requested.
4. The need for the subgrantee to receive funds immediately.
5. The subgrantee’s reserve amount and why the reserve cannot be used temporarily.
6. What efforts the subgrantee is making to build up a sufficient reserve.
The subgrantee must address numbers two through six in the written request. The subgrantee is notified by KGGP staff regarding the decision. If the request for an advance payment is approved, the subgrantee can expect a deposit to be made in approximately five business days.